RESOURCES IN THIS ORGANIZATION EMERGENCE JOURNEY
Over the past months, I ran into other interesting resources, feeding my journey of unfolding towards a more complex worldview, and its translation in the workplace. I have been naturally keeping track of these readings for a while, but figured it could be smart to share them here as well – as always, for my current and future teammates to better understand what I am going through.
Also running into something helpful? Please let me know!
• SEARCH INSIDE YOURSELF, CHADE-MENG TAN
• REINVENTING ORGANIZATIONS, FREDERIC LALOUX
• LET YOUR LIFE SPEAK, PARKER J. PALMER
• NON VIOLENT COMMUNICATION, MARSHALL B. ROSENBERG
• DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS, DOUGLAS STONE
• EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE, DANIEL GOLEMAN
• YOUR RESONANT SELF, SARAH PEYTON
• THE MORE BEAUTIFUL WORLD OUR HEARTS KNOW IS POSSIBLE, CHARLES EISENSTEIN
LEVEL 1 – Excellent reads or guidelines pushing you to dive in more
• THE OS CANVAS How to rebuild your organization from the ground up
• A BEGINNER'S GUIDE TO ORG DESIGN The 9 words we encounter the most
• 10 PRINCIPLES OF EMERGENT ORGANIZATIONS Almost all of our work is united by the application of a few key principles. We use these principles as the foundation for talking about the future of organizations and the kinds of mindsets and behaviors that are needed to bring a legacy organization into the 21st century.
LEVEL 2 – Great examples of best practices
• HOW TO BUILD HIGH-PERFORMING, SELF-MANAGED TEAMS Building high-performing, self-managed teams requires self-awareness, trust & vulnerability, and cohesion.
• HOW TO ELIMINATE ORGANIZATIONAL DEBT The debt that’s crippling your company isn’t on your balance sheet. Here’s what to do about it.
LEVEL 3 – Other good resources worth browsing
• LOOMIO Loomio is an app that helps people make decisions together.
• SUPERPOWERS Superpowers is a tool to help you and your team learn about your individual superpowers, and how to use them to be at your best.